If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

See only active task or parent on a task with subtasks

AtlasEdAtlasEd Posts: 5

Seeing all the subtasks creates a lot of clutter when view tasks. For a task with subtasks the default should be to only view the parents task with a designation of the current active task(first uncompleted)

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Joelle_TJoelle_T Posts: 7 ✭✭

I'd like to see something like this as well. Or, for tasks with relative due dates, only the next subtask in the process rather than every subtask in the task.

• brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Chief Helper Posts: 95 ✭✭✭✭
    While there is more improvement that can be made in this area, it is possible for you to filter your task view to only show parent tasks.
    In the column header where it shows "Task type" select "Task" and "Task w Subtasks", unselect "Subtask".
    This will show only the main task. these settings tend to stay as selected until you make additional changes.
    i hope that helps!
  • TreyTrey Posts: 2

I suggested that there needs to be a "Tag" option similar to that in client setup so that you can sort tasks by the tag. For example, your tag could be Compilations or Tax Returns. You could then sort by tag and see what tax return tasks are out or by compilation. I want to be able to quickly glance at the type of work due.

• ankleankle Posts: 4

Yes! Only seeing the parent task within the task list with the option to dropdown the subtasks would be wonderful!