Engagement Letters

Mr_SALTyMr_SALTy Posts: 5 ✭✭

I love being able to populate Engagement letters with client information using fields in the system, but I wish there was a way to 1) add additional fields that I could populate such as services, rates, expected completion date, amount of hours, etc. and 2) I wish I could download the letter in the preview function with the electronic signatures.

Comments

• rob.holcombe@canopytax.com[email protected] Posts: 157 admin

Hello!

For your first request,

The best way to add additional fields or make a custom entry to quickly populate on a letter or other template would be to create "Boilerplate text" in Canopy. Boilerplate text is a way to write up a sentence, clause, paragraph, etc. that you will use frequently, and insert it into a letter quickly so you do not have to manually type it out each time. This works particularly well for listing services or pricing information. Here is more information on creating and using boilerplate text in Canopy!
    https://canopytax.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008634767-Creating-Boilerplate-Text

And for the second,

I can submit that as a feature request. I can see how being able to print with the signatures from the preview would be a timesaver.

• HAckermanHAckerman Posts: 11

I'd also love to see:

• actual header and foot inserts that don't add on the 1" border and don't have to be replicated on every page.
    • ability to manipulate border size
    • for Word formatting not to be obliterated when I drop it in so I have to respace every. single. line break. I want to die.
    • insert page break function - switching back and forth between Edit and Preview to move my Schedule A/Addendum/whatever to a page after signatures is time consuming and sloppy
    • ability to move who bullet lists in or out by a set amount without tabbing or spacing over every line.
    • Find + replace function that works with the Attribute inserts
    • For Current Date to insert in the format August, 2nd, 2019 - maybe even with the day of the week? Date formats in formal documents like Engagement Letters should never appear as 8-2-19. Or is that grammar rule out of date like two spaces after a period now? I feel old and disappointed in the decline of our society if that is the case. I don't think your programmers can do anything about that.

Thank you!

ALSO! An attribute insert that can be any of our team members names so that we can inform the client in an Engagement Letter who their lead associate will be.

@HAckerman I will pass a lot of this feedback along. But in the interest of preserving life...

"for Word formatting not to be obliterated when I drop it in so I have to respace every. single. line break. I want to die."

If pasting from a word document, rather than using ctrl+V, try ctrl+shift+V. It should maintain your word formatting. :-)

@[email protected] GASP. Thank youuuu!!

Playing in this sandbox too much, but I discovered that the Letters function doesn't seem to support tables. Any tricks on getting a table to retain its form?

@HAckerman I played around with the letter feature and was not able to get a table to paste and retain form.

Using the same trick as above, ctrl+shift+V did maintain some semblance of organization. However, the table did not show.

I haven't seen this as a feature request from anyone as of yet but would be happy to submit one on your behalf.