If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

Enhanced task list view

BstmstrBstmstr Posts: 3

It would be nice if I could sort tasks by their status - but not alphabetically. For example, I like to sort with "No status" at the top followed by "Not Started", "In Progress", "On hold", etc. But alphabetically wouldn't work for this. If I could rename them then I could just add a number as a prefix. But, it would be better if I could sort by the order in which the statuses are listed.

Furthermore, it would be cool if I could group rows by a column. It would give a nice visual distinction and could even allow toggling a groups visibility. For example, "With client" might be a good one for me to hide since it's just me waiting on a client.

Finally, it would be nice if there were saved views so that I could switch to different sorting/grouping/filter views quickly.

This would also be relevant to the Tax Returns list view.

Basically, having more spreadsheet-like viewing options would be really slick. Thanks!

4 votes

New Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

Hello,

I will make sure that we get this feature request to the correct Project manager. Thank you for your feedback. It is great for us to see how our customers work to better suit your needs.

• Jena_PoseyJena_Posey Posts: 10 ✭✭

@Bstmstr I completely agree! The task view can be a bit daunting when you have so many tasks to sort. More sort options would be great!

• HAckermanHAckerman Posts: 13 ✭✭

Yes! I want this too. Good suggestions for Tasks.

• TaxDivaTaxDiva Posts: 64 ✭✭✭

@[email protected]

How can I edit or delete a status form the task menu. I tried to edit & it won't let me. I tried deleting it & it said it was deleted but it's still there.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

@TaxDiva In Canopy we aren't able to edit or delete the existing statuses on the task menu, or the preexisting ones that Canopy created. The task would need to be deleted and then created fresh.

We do have a feature request to be able to edit those. I will create a ticket for you and add it to the existing feature request.

• Diehl_CPADiehl_CPA Posts: 8 ✭✭

I agree with this suggestion. I like having a "kanban" style of view when looking at the tasks that need to be completed. I currently use Trello for tracking my tasks. If Canopy had something similar, I would use that instead.

• Jena_PoseyJena_Posey Posts: 10 ✭✭

I agree, this would be a great feature!

• Eve_PEve_P Posts: 8 ✭✭

Agreed - especially about the ability to 'Save commonly used views'!

• NSMerrickNSMerrick Posts: 7 ✭✭

The extra "spread sheet" type functions would be very helpful; however, I feeel that being able to toggle or only show parent tasks when there is a sub-task that I need to complete would be ideal.

For instance. When a tax return goes through it's workflow, there are only two sub-tasks that I need to do anything on. Once I have completed those sub-tasks the parent task should disappear from my dashboard and task list. What would be even more slick is if the parent task doesn't show up on my task list or dashboard until it reaches the sub-task I am in charge of. So the parent task would be "passed around" and only show up when it was my turn to work on it.

• John_DamousJohn_Damous Posts: 63 ✭✭✭✭

I agree totally to this, I think this is very important.

It should be some option to set a task to hide from the task window,
    if there is a subtask or when the task start/due depends on another task.
    or when its xx days prior start/due date
    also, for the parent task to hide because the subtask is shown.

Please vote to make this high priority

• ShannonShannon Posts: 2

All of the above would be amazing. I'm also in favor of having a few different priority levels to assign to a task instead of just the pin for urgent ones. It would also be helpful to consolidate the view a little more (or have the option to consolidate) to get a better bird's eye view during busy season.