Enhanced task list view

BstmstrBstmstr Posts: 3

It would be nice if I could sort tasks by their status - but not alphabetically. For example, I like to sort with "No status" at the top followed by "Not Started", "In Progress", "On hold", etc. But alphabetically wouldn't work for this. If I could rename them then I could just add a number as a prefix. But, it would be better if I could sort by the order in which the statuses are listed.

Furthermore, it would be cool if I could group rows by a column. It would give a nice visual distinction and could even allow toggling a groups visibility. For example, "With client" might be a good one for me to hide since it's just me waiting on a client.

Finally, it would be nice if there were saved views so that I could switch to different sorting/grouping/filter views quickly.

This would also be relevant to the Tax Returns list view.

Basically, having more spreadsheet-like viewing options would be really slick. Thanks!

Comments

• rob.holcombe@canopytax.com[email protected] Posts: 97 admin

Hello,

I will make sure that we get this feature request to the correct Project manager. Thank you for your feedback. It is great for us to see how our customers work to better suit your needs.

• Jena_PoseyJena_Posey Posts: 8

@Bstmstr I completely agree! The task view can be a bit daunting when you have so many tasks to sort. More sort options would be great!

• HAckermanHAckerman Posts: 5

Yes! I want this too. Good suggestions for Tasks.

• TaxDivaTaxDiva Posts: 27 ✭✭

@[email protected]

How can I edit or delete a status form the task menu. I tried to edit & it won't let me. I tried deleting it & it said it was deleted but it's still there.

• rob.holcombe@canopytax.com[email protected] Posts: 97 admin

@TaxDiva In Canopy we aren't able to edit or delete the existing statuses on the task menu, or the preexisting ones that Canopy created. The task would need to be deleted and then created fresh.

We do have a feature request to be able to edit those. I will create a ticket for you and add it to the existing feature request.