If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

Map Drive to PC / Adobe Integration

I am trying Canopy in hopes to be able to use it as an all in one software. My current DMS is with Smart Vault and so far they are still winning.

Smart Vault has the ability to Map a Drive on your local computer directly to Smart Vault. This allows me to print to/save directly from my PC, the web, other programs, directly into the clients Smart Vault folder. This allows a much more efficient way of using DMS in general.

If Canopy had this same ability, it would be a definite game changer for me.

And as I've seen in other discussions, the ability to edit PDF's with Adobe upon opening them in Canopy.

Tagged:
1 votes

New Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• JohnThrivesJohnThrives Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭
    Canopy has a feature called "Desktop Assistant" located here:
    https://www.getcanopy.com/desktop-assistant
  • 123123 Posts: 9

@JohnThrives said:
    Canopy has a feature called "Desktop Assistant" located here:
    https://www.getcanopy.com/desktop-assistant

The feature suggested here is nothing like the Canopy Desktop Assistant. With the DA, you can only print/upload documents to Canopy. With drive sync, you would have access to all documents offline on your pc and online with canopy changes made in on place automatically sync to all other locations. I would really LOVE to see this feature soon!

• JohnThrivesJohnThrives Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭
    > @123 said:
    > (Quote)
    > The feature suggested here is nothing like the Canopy Desktop Assistant. With the DA, you can only print/upload documents to Canopy. With drive sync, you would have access to all documents offline on your pc and online with canopy changes made in on place automatically sync to all other locations. I would really LOVE to see this feature soon!

That requires overhauling the entire Canopy platform to support such a feature.
  • cgoldcgold Posts: 1

@BridgeyBayee said:
    I am trying Canopy in hopes to be able to use it as an all in one software. My current DMS is with Smart Vault and so far they are still winning.

Smart Vault has the ability to Map a Drive on your local computer directly to Smart Vault. This allows me to print to/save directly from my PC, the web, other programs, directly into the clients Smart Vault folder. This allows a much more efficient way of using DMS in general.

If Canopy had this same ability, it would be a definite game changer for me.

I totally agree. The ability to map a drive to sync with the DMS is so important. I look forward to this being added to Canopy Tax.

• We need a way to sync documents with canopy also! Super important for us to be able to save directly to Canopy and not just print to it! Any work-arounds?