If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

Editing Files

ScottScott Posts: 1

I'm finding it very difficult to work with files in Canopy. Particularly when I need to search, or edit a document. Now I have to download, edit, upload, deal with multiple versions, etc... Is there any integration with Office 365, or local file sync capability on the roadmap?

Thanks,
Scott

2 votes

New Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

Hello Scott!

I haven't heard of these integrations as part of the road map, but I do know that we are continuously working on improving the files section.

The issue of downloading and uploading is particularly painful for many practitioners.

I have created a feature request for you regarding these integrations and the process of download, edit, upload, etc.

Thank you for your submission

• brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Chief Helper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭✭

i completely agree with this! if we had this functionality i could totally integrate myself with canopy. as it is now i work outside of canopy then archive the one already in there and upload the new one.

• tkcpatkcpa Posts: 2

Agree. This is desperately needed. A Quick fix would be a WebDav read/write access virtual drive. Preferably though would be MS office add-ins and Adobe add ins that allow for saving edits to Canopy. Most DMS systems offer this.

• JohnThrivesJohnThrives Posts: 135 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Microsoft Excel files and Apple Numbers files do not render correctly via Canopy. Currently, it can only be rendered correctly when it is opened natively outside of the Canopy platform. Same for .HEIC picture formats produced by the higher-end iPhones.

• jeffrey.mcnealjeffrey.mcneal Posts: 227 admin

@Scott @brielle_ptaxes @tkcpa @JohnThrives I've shared this thread with our product manager.