If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

Share files with third party (also from portal) without the need to create a profile

John_DamousJohn_Damous Transforming problems into 3D solutionsPosts: 107 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe some people mention the idea of authorizing other third parties to access the client files. Now, i want to request to give the client the ability to share their file with other CPA's and a third party. It could also work when a client wants to share a file with a financial institution.

It should not require to create a profile for the third party as we need to do. It will need to work, that the third party will get a link and will need to enter there email address and the sender email address, to verify their authorization of accessing the file.

Its also important to add the following feature
1. the client will have the ability to share/revoke access.
2. the client will have the option to set an access expiration date.
3. the client will have the ability to set a number of times to access the files by the third parties.
4. if the shared user is already a canopy CPA's user, then is should create/add the client to that CPA's canopy contacts (or some other idea the could work out the best).

Tagged:
3 votes

New Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Chief Helper Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭

This is excellent- we get this request all the time but they dont want us to send the file encrypted and i refuse to email it unencrypted for their own security so i just upload it to canopy and what they do with it from there is on them.