Is there a way to ask client for documents?

TaxDivaTaxDiva Posts: 30 ✭✭

The program we have used in the past would notified clients of the documents they needed to upload. Does Canopy have something like that. We are using Proseries. Link is the program we were using within Proseries that would notify the clients of what they needed. as they uploaded documents it would fill it in on the proper forms.

Best Answer

• rob.holcombe@canopytax.com[email protected] Posts: 129 admin
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

This is a new request. I will go ahead and submit this to our development team. While it would be difficult to have the program automatically notify your clients of all the needed information, perhaps we could provide a checklist of items to request.

Thank you for submitting!

Answers

• Jena_PoseyJena_Posey Posts: 8

We have actually developed a workaround to this issue. We pull a client document checklist from our tax software (Pro Connect Tax Online) and then create individual client requests through the engagements section to send clients a list of the documents that we need from them for tax season. So far this has worked really well. Obviously, we only use this for existing clients. A generic checklist for new clients or simply for reference within Canopy would be very beneficial.

• TaxDivaTaxDiva Posts: 30 ✭✭

How would I be able to access that so that I can do it do it with my clients?

• Mr_SALTyMr_SALTy Posts: 5 ✭✭

I agree, a client organizer that integrates with Canopy would be an outstanding feature.

• Jena_PoseyJena_Posey Posts: 8

@TaxDiva currently, you would do this through the Engagements Section. Once you create an Engagement for a client you will have the option to send Client Requests. The Client Request feature is really nice and our clients seem to really like the ease of use and ability to upload documents right to the request.

• TaxDivaTaxDiva Posts: 30 ✭✭

I have done that but I was looking for more of a checklist. I want to beable to have it preset for each client. I don't have time to set up more than one request for 600 clients. If I need something specific for the individual client I can use that.