If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

Related a task to another

John_DamousJohn_Damous Transforming problems into 3D solutionsPosts: 107 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to be able to relate a task to another task. (to show the related task and status at the right column.
Also, I would like to be able to attach a task (A) to another task (B) as a subtask to the task (B). Whenever the there is a change in status on task (A) it will update (reflect) the status to the subtask on Task (B).
This feature will be helpful for a lot of workarounds.
1. to act as subtask to a subtask
2. when a subtask required a full different workshop or job.
3. it will help to manage all corp. 1120 filing for each client under one task to file 1120 tax returns. And it will save to filter and make report on all 1120 tasks. It will help to have a better view if all returns are filed on the due date.
4. And much more.

Tagged:
2 votes

New Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Chief Helper Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭

@John_Damous i am sorry i am not sure i understand how this isnt already the subtasks and reminders? can you give me an example of the workflow here? it sounds like a great idea but i am not sure what it accomplishes yet.

• JohnThrivesJohnThrives Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭
  • John_DamousJohn_Damous Transforming problems into 3D solutions Posts: 107 ✭✭✭✭
    @JohnThrives

If i am not mistaking, i think you not aware that a subtask can be related to another subtask and will set the due date of the second subtask based on the status change of the previous subtask..

I have mentioned to also implemented that the status of the second subtask should change based on the status update of the previous subtask.
  • JohnThrivesJohnThrives Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the concept is called If This Then That, also known as IFTTT.
  • brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Chief Helper Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭
    @JohnThrives yes, however like Zapier, IFTTT is a separate subscription software. Many small businesses cant afford dozens of SAAS (us included) and Canopy's stated goal is that we live in our portal.
    i think @John_Damous is asking for Canopy to have better workflow built into the Tasks themselves. i would even say that workflow would also perhaps be helpful to include Client Requests and Engagements even if that is further down the pipeline.
    @John_Damous i will vote for Task dependencies!
    @Jeff User at Canopy can Subtasks and Tasks both have an option (near the date) where they can be triggered by ____ OR- AND-IF Status___ conditions?
  • accountinghaaccountingha Posts: 2

I agree with tasks being relatable. I have several tasks (with subtasks) which are needed as a subtask of a larger task. Please find a way to do this.