If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

Reminder date! Option to set a Task reminder on fixed date (not only based on task start/end date

John_DamousJohn_Damous Transforming problems into 3D solutionsPosts: 107 ✭✭✭✭

Currently, to set a reminder for a task, the only option is to set the reminder date to be related and based on the task start/end date.
I want to be able to set the reminder on a fixed date, not related to the start/edn date of the working task.

Tagged:
1 votes

New Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Chief Helper Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭

i am not sure i understand why this would be more helpful then say a calendar reminder to do x,y,z. if that is something you do every 15th why do you need a task reminder? could you explain further?

• John_DamousJohn_Damous Transforming problems into 3D solutions Posts: 107 ✭✭✭✭

@brielle_ptaxes
    1. I think its easier to set a reminder while working on the task, then going to the calendar to schedule the reminder.
    2. Why should i need to notate in the calendar what the reminder is for. Its much easier just to create a reminder within the open task, and its shows on the fly that this reminder is for the current working task.
    3. In that main Task window there it shows all the open tasks, there is a column labeled Reminders. If i want to see all task that i want to be reminded, it will only show there the reminder when the reminders were set attached to the task. But if you are going to put it on the calendar, it will not show up in the reminders column.
    4. Still is can be a good suggestion for you, to make a request that Canopy shall add an option to set a reminder if to be shown also on the calendar. I think this will fit both needs.