If you have a recommendation for Canopy, please create that discussion in the Ideation category. We will be able to give better feedback with status changes and comments regarding the decisions made. It will also allow individuals to actually "upvote" the ideas they like.

Modify Multiple Tasks at the same time (due date)

brielle_ptaxes
brielle_ptaxes Chief HelperPosts: 113 ✭✭✭✭

i would like to be able to modify multiple tasks at one time. for example when the deadline changed for 1120's, 1040's, and 990's i could select all of them and change just the due date. as it is i have to go through and change each individually.
this would also be helpful in a "regular" tax season as all of the Tax prep tasks remaining would need to be moved to the extension deadline.

Tagged:
5 votes

New Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• brielle_ptaxes
    brielle_ptaxes Chief Helper Posts: 113 ✭✭✭✭

and upon additional realization it would be handy to also be able to mass change to whom the task is assigned. in the cases of reorganization.

• bosslady
    bosslady Posts: 10 ✭✭

If your main task has a hard deadline, and subtasks are dead-lined against that first one, it will change the internal work flow. When you are building your template give each subtask a start date and a due date ( & if you want a reminder) based on dif variables.

IE: Task three would have

• start date when Task two status is changed to ready for review
    • due date is 7 days prior to Task one due date
    • reminder (make sure project is on point) 9 days before task One's due date
  • TJKesteleyn
    TJKesteleyn Posts: 3

I do agree! This feature is exactly why I was looking on this forum. In our firm we use Tasks to manage all incoming work. We use templates for a lot of these tasks and having to ability to change all tasks with the same name or template would be a HUGE time saver. Changing things like due date, assignee, status, etc.

• Crofty
    Crofty Posts: 11

This would be helpful when filing extensions.