scan feed directly into canopy

My previous online file cabinet had a direct scan feed in the portal/cabinet itself. My firm spends way to much time scanning documents on to desktop and then uploading into canopy. A feature where we can scan and upload directly into the clients file/folder is what I'm looking forward too. Please let me know if this is something that Canopy will adding.

Comments

• rob.holcombe@canopytax.com[email protected] Posts: 177 admin

Hello @acgtaxny,

There are a few things that we can give you as workarounds even though there isn't a direct scan.

If you have the Canopy app on a mobile device then we would recommend getting a scanning app such as "Office Lens." You can scan using office lens and upload directly to Canopy.

Our dev team is also working on a feature where you will be able to upload attachments directly from email without downloading the files to your desktop.

As for the direct scanning, we have had this feature request so I will also add your voice to that request.

Hope this helps!

• TaxDivaTaxDiva Posts: 34 ✭✭

I agree with @acgtaxny. I have clients that have documents with multiply pages front & back so office lens wouldn't work for the volume of clients we have.

• I agree. If I have to scan a document to my desktop and then move it to Canopy, I will probably continue to use my legacy file management system, and that takes away some of the benefits of Canopy. Similarly, I would like to see the ability to print directly to the file from my tax software.

• rob.holcombe@canopytax.com[email protected] Posts: 177 admin

Hello @TheCFO2go ,

These are both functions that are currently being worked on. We hope to introduce them soon!

• brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Posts: 17 ✭✭

i havent had much of a concern with this myself but i had a client today ask me if they could do this @[email protected] , so if we could do that and they can to that would be excellent.

• brielle_ptaxesbrielle_ptaxes Posts: 17 ✭✭

i should mention that we like using our legacy document storage as a backup, but also because it is a whole lot faster to load and utilize than the canopy files at this point. if canopy gets faster and cleaner and can interact with the files within it (ie- open Excel, Word, or Adobe) then we might concider giving up that practice.